Home » Audience Strategy

Audience Strategy

Maximo Martinez

8/3/2019

Writing for the Humanities

Ms. Shamecca

Audience Strategy

The audience I intend to target in this essay is liberals. Is obviously not intended for every liberal out there, I would like specifically young highschool students, who believe others people lies. People who believe in the gender pay gap myth. I would like my fellow classmates to read my essay too, because since they are in my school, they are the people who affect me the most.

I would like my audience to know the truth; to know that employers don’t have the right to pay their female workers less than male workers, and is illogical for anyone to make those claims. I would like to chance my audience point of view on this topic. To make them know that not everything that politicians and TV news says is actually true, and it depends on them to fact check what people claim.

I think the type of genre that would make my ideas more attractive to my audience would be comedy or mock. This is because not only I don’t think genres like drama or science fiction would make this work, but also I think a little of comedy always makes everything better. Since my Op Ed was mostly informative (used mostly logos), I wouldn’t like to just present facts in my Visual Essay too. Plus, ever since I did the research on whether the gender pay gap was real or not, I always found it funny how people believe that the whole country is sexist and business rather pay men more, than actually replacing men with women so they can reduce their cost.