Home » Reflection #3

Reflection #3

Maximo Martinez

4/30/2019

Ms. Shamecca

Writing for the Humanities

Critical Analysis Reflection

The way I came up with my thesis statement, was from looking at the text I chose, I was able to right away answer the “What? How? And so what?” Of it. Some problems that I had when making this essay was the fact that I had to re-do it. Since my first draft was more of a argumentative essay, and not much of a critical one (due to the fact that there was not much to analyze from the text of my first draft), I had to pick another text. Luckily I was easily able to find a political cartoon with in or close to the same topic.

But another problem I had when doing this Critical essay, was to know what scholar source should I use to backup my analysis and arguments. To the point that I used 4 popular sources instead of 2, just because it was so hard for me to find a scholarly source.

Some of its difficulty came from the fact that not all of them were useful, since some even though backed the main idea of my argument. It didn’t helped with the specific detail of evidence I needed it make my point.

But one of the biggest problems I had at the beginning was to know how I was going to be able to make a whole 6 page essay out of just an image. I thought it was going to be impossible for me to analyse an image and make 1500 words out of it. But at the end, all I did was look at the cartoons clear and not that clear details.